Google Analytics Setup
The foundation of every digital marketing campaign relies on Analytics. If your Google Analytics isn’t setup correctly then you’re tracking the wrong information, leading to poor decisions. The very first thing we do in any campaign is to properly optimise Google Analytics. Here is a sample of some of the ways we do this:
• Upgrading to Universal Analytics
• Turning on Demographics Data
• Turning on Enhanced Link Attribution
• Tracking site search functionality
• Turning on bot filtering
• Filtering out office IP addresses and supplier IP addresses
• Creating “Raw Data” and “Organic Search Only” profiles
• Setting up micro and macro conversion goals
• Setting up goal funnels (if necessary)
Users surveys find out what the conversion process was like for your customer, how it could be improved, what they would want changed, and so on. Asking customers for direct feedback always provides direct insight into how things could be improved, and often serves as the starting point for further investigation.
Similar to the heat maps, session recordings allow us to record and watch user behaviour on your website. It gives us deeper insight into how people browse and most importantly highlights friction points that prevent users from converting.